Contact Us: (989) 799-1151
Anton F. Deisler founded A. Deisler & Son Funeral Home at 521 Genesee in 1888. It was the first funeral home in Saginaw County.
In 1895, the funeral home moved to 707 Federal, where it remained until downtown congestion prompted a move to 441 N. Jefferson in 1947
Anton’s son, Edward G. Deisler Sr. joined the business in 1890. In 1901, he became one of the first licensed morticians in the state, receiving his degree from Indiana College of Embalming.
In 1914, A. Deisler & Son Funeral Home acquired a motor-driven hearse. The hearse wasn't readily accepted, so horse-drawn hacks and coupes were kept as well.
Much has changed since those days. Edward G. Deisler Jr. continued the family tradition when he joined the business in 1948, and brother Anton (Tony) Deisler came aboard in 1950. The brothers operated the business in the City of Saginaw until 1968, when it was moved to its present location at 2233 Hemmeter in Saginaw Township.
Thomas J. Deisler, the fourth generation in the family business, is now the company’s president. He joined the funeral home in 1980.
The funeral home celebrated its 100th anniversary in 1988.